I just got back from a much needed summer vacation and was reminded that I need more NATURE in my life! Since I’ve attended numerous “Outdoor Classroom” workshops, and learned about the negative effects of “nature deficit” on today’s children, it was good to be reminded that I too find nature incredibly inspiring. On my vacation, I renewed my love affair with the sensory world of the forest. I fell in love with colored rocks, birch trees and waterfalls. It was all so simple, yet profoundly restorative.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Fun Flowerpots - bit.ly/2Hov5Y8 An Activity for Preschoolers: Celebrate spring while learning about plant… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Happy St. Patrick's Day! #stpatrick #preschool #toddlers #teacher https://t.co/dhQ8HsKKJL 2 days ago
- Rainbow Dough Activity by @tinyn3rds bit.ly/2HunozP "I’m loving our new Colorations® keep it clean art mat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Fizzy Cloud Sensory Dough by @thesharednanny For the Cloud Dough: 1c. Baking soda 1c. Flour 1/4c. Veg. Oil Few d… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Happy Pi Day!!!! #PiDay #toddlers #teachers #preschool https://t.co/ACtWEOlRzZ 5 days ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!