I was helping in my grandchildren’s classrooms recently and was struck by the
thought of how easily children will take control of their learning if given a
chance. One of the components of the HighScope® curriculum, which I think is the most child-friendly approach to early learning, gives the child an opportunity
each day to plan what she is going to accomplish within the guidelines
of what is happening the classroom. This opportunity to plan gives the child
control of her learning and gives her a stronger sense of direction and purpose
for the play and learning of the day.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Customer #Sensory Idea by @tinyn3rds F O A M • P A I N T We just can't get enough of all the feels generated by th… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- DIY SLIME - Colorations® Glittery Clear Glue Slime - No Borax - More activities go to: bit.ly/2gNEIr5… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Classroom Environment Inspiration! Art Supply and Natural Loose Parts Storage by @thelearningloftpreschool… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- #STEM Customer Activity @littleseedsandpeterpan Construction with Clay//Sensory experiences encourage more experi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- #STEAM Customer Tip by @figmentcreative Have you read the beautiful book #elmer by #davidmckee? #Teachers… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!