I was helping in my grandchildren’s classrooms recently and was struck by the
thought of how easily children will take control of their learning if given a
chance. One of the components of the HighScope® curriculum, which I think is the most child-friendly approach to early learning, gives the child an opportunity
each day to plan what she is going to accomplish within the guidelines
of what is happening the classroom. This opportunity to plan gives the child
control of her learning and gives her a stronger sense of direction and purpose
for the play and learning of the day.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- 100th Day Celebration Mask - Free Craft Ideas for 100th Day Party An Activity for School-age: Dress up and party… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Silly Season Weather Kid - Free Craft Ideas For Your Classroom bit.ly/2AdZWXu LIKE & SHARE An Activity for… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Candles of Hanukah Menorah - Free Craft Idea For Your Classroom bit.ly/2n9FnX9 An Activity for School-A… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Happy Hanukkah from Discount School Supply to you! #Hanukkah #jcc #preschool #teacher https://t.co/CxGYygw2ep 4 days ago
- Jingle Jewelry - Free Craft Idea For Your Classroom bit.ly/2Acxup1 An Activity for School-Age Children… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!