I was helping in my grandchildren’s classrooms recently and was struck by the
thought of how easily children will take control of their learning if given a
chance. One of the components of the HighScope® curriculum, which I think is the most child-friendly approach to early learning, gives the child an opportunity
each day to plan what she is going to accomplish within the guidelines
of what is happening the classroom. This opportunity to plan gives the child
control of her learning and gives her a stronger sense of direction and purpose
for the play and learning of the day.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- STEM - Math Made Simple By Carolyn Tomlin blog.discountschoolsupply.com/blog2/2017/9/2… 7 hours ago
- Preparing Your Classroom for a GREAT Fall! Part 2 By Dora Fowler, MBA blog.discountschoolsupply.com/blog2/2017/9/1… 5 days ago
- Preparing Your Classroom for a GREAT Fall! Part 1 By Dora Fowler, MBA blog.discountschoolsupply.com/blog2/2017/9/1… 6 days ago
- Five Things to Do Outdoors With Children By Donna Johnson blog.discountschoolsupply.com/blog2/2017/9/1… 1 week ago
- RT @School_Supplies: Craft Roll Spiders - Free Fall Crafts for Your Classroom!!! bit.ly/2eZIfm8 #fallactivities #BacktoSchool #pre… 1 week ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!