I was helping in my grandchildren’s classrooms recently and was struck by the
thought of how easily children will take control of their learning if given a
chance. One of the components of the HighScope® curriculum, which I think is the most child-friendly approach to early learning, gives the child an opportunity
each day to plan what she is going to accomplish within the guidelines
of what is happening the classroom. This opportunity to plan gives the child
control of her learning and gives her a stronger sense of direction and purpose
for the play and learning of the day.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Science & Art by @tinyn3rds Supplies: Colorations® powder tempera paint and ultimate art paper, paintbrushes, ice… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Fun Flowerpots - bit.ly/2Hov5Y8 An Activity for Preschoolers: Celebrate spring while learning about plant… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Happy St. Patrick's Day! #stpatrick #preschool #toddlers #teacher https://t.co/dhQ8HsKKJL 6 days ago
- Rainbow Dough Activity by @tinyn3rds bit.ly/2HunozP "I’m loving our new Colorations® keep it clean art mat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Fizzy Cloud Sensory Dough by @thesharednanny For the Cloud Dough: 1c. Baking soda 1c. Flour 1/4c. Veg. Oil Few d… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!