Reading has been on my mind a lot lately. I was searching through research on how children learn to read and the best methods for teaching reading. We know that the best methods don’t work with every child and that some questionable methods seem to work with some children. I was challenging my reading class to make sure they always use multiple methods to reach children who are struggling with the reading process. One thing research clearly indicates is that it is the attitude of the teacher that is the number one factor in reading success in a classroom.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Fun Flowerpots - bit.ly/2Hov5Y8 An Activity for Preschoolers: Celebrate spring while learning about plant… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Happy St. Patrick's Day! #stpatrick #preschool #toddlers #teacher https://t.co/dhQ8HsKKJL 2 days ago
- Rainbow Dough Activity by @tinyn3rds bit.ly/2HunozP "I’m loving our new Colorations® keep it clean art mat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Fizzy Cloud Sensory Dough by @thesharednanny For the Cloud Dough: 1c. Baking soda 1c. Flour 1/4c. Veg. Oil Few d… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Happy Pi Day!!!! #PiDay #toddlers #teachers #preschool https://t.co/ACtWEOlRzZ 5 days ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!