Reading has been on my mind a lot lately. I was searching through research on how children learn to read and the best methods for teaching reading. We know that the best methods don’t work with every child and that some questionable methods seem to work with some children. I was challenging my reading class to make sure they always use multiple methods to reach children who are struggling with the reading process. One thing research clearly indicates is that it is the attitude of the teacher that is the number one factor in reading success in a classroom.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Classroom Environment Inspiration! Art Supply and Natural Loose Parts Storage by @thelearningloftpreschool… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- #STEM Customer Activity @littleseedsandpeterpan Construction with Clay//Sensory experiences encourage more experi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- #STEAM Customer Tip by @figmentcreative Have you read the beautiful book #elmer by #davidmckee? #Teachers… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- BioColor® Frozen Pop-Paint Children can express with this frozen paint in wonderful #STEAM exploration #biocolor… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- Diversity in Early Childhood Programs By Francis Wardle bit.ly/2vo1cRY #ecnews #colorations… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!