While properly categorizing a child’s disability does not in and of itself help the child directly, proper classification can be useful in determining just how much help parents and teachers need to provide a child. Usually disabilities are divided into four levels: none, mild, moderate and severe. An understanding of the level of a child’s disability is absolutely essential when preparing that student’s IEP (individualized education program) or when helping the child to develop new skills.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Beautiful Cross: youtu.be/BdiJn79IWaA?a via @YouTube 2 weeks ago
- Bright BioColor Folded Butterflies: youtu.be/NZBakQoSqE4?a via @YouTube 2 weeks ago
- BioColor Drizzle Art: youtu.be/TtTDUL_iueA?a via @YouTube 2 weeks ago
- Colorations Foam Paint “Cake” Decorating: youtu.be/NqGTxbPPTVA?a via @YouTube 2 weeks ago
- EZ fold canvas: youtu.be/Hox5LgXi-mg?a via @YouTube 3 weeks ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!