Children’s scribbles were once conceived of simply as practice for “real drawing,” but educators today recognize that scribbling is an important step in child development. Scribbling is the foundation of artistic development and is intimately linked with language acquisition. Young children love to scribble and adults will enjoy it too, if you give them permission to “let loose with a crayon.” So, as I pondered what to address in my first post of 2012, it seemed like a good idea to start at the beginning – with the scribble stage.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Silly Season Weather Kid - Free Craft Ideas For Your Classroom bit.ly/2AdZWXu LIKE & SHARE An Activity for… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- Candles of Hanukah Menorah - Free Craft Idea For Your Classroom bit.ly/2n9FnX9 An Activity for School-A… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Happy Hanukkah from Discount School Supply to you! #Hanukkah #jcc #preschool #teacher https://t.co/CxGYygw2ep 1 day ago
- Jingle Jewelry - Free Craft Idea For Your Classroom bit.ly/2Acxup1 An Activity for School-Age Children… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Stamping Glitter - Free Craft Ideas For Your Classroom bit.ly/2AbwXUi An Activity for Preschoolers: This… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!