|Share a Recipe Have an idea for a healthy treat for young chilrden? Submit your recipe, and if we publish it on our site, we’ll send you a $50 certificate for Discount School Supply® products!
Black Bean Quesadillas (submitted by Ann Bouwhis)
Mash beans with a fork and add salsa to taste. Spread margarine on one side of a tortilla and place margarine side down on a heated griddle. Spread black bean mixture on top and sprinkle cheese on top of the beans. Spread margarine on another tortilla and place margarine side up on top of the cheese. Flip when the bottom tortilla is golden brown and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa or ranch dressing.
Note: Cut the quesadilla into wedges using scissors to make it easier for small hands to pick up.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Fun Flowerpots - bit.ly/2Hov5Y8 An Activity for Preschoolers: Celebrate spring while learning about plant… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Happy St. Patrick's Day! #stpatrick #preschool #toddlers #teacher https://t.co/dhQ8HsKKJL 2 days ago
- Rainbow Dough Activity by @tinyn3rds bit.ly/2HunozP "I’m loving our new Colorations® keep it clean art mat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Fizzy Cloud Sensory Dough by @thesharednanny For the Cloud Dough: 1c. Baking soda 1c. Flour 1/4c. Veg. Oil Few d… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Happy Pi Day!!!! #PiDay #toddlers #teachers #preschool https://t.co/ACtWEOlRzZ 5 days ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!