|Share a Recipe Have an idea for a healthy treat for young chilrden? Submit your recipe, and if we publish it on our site, we’ll send you a $50 certificate for Discount School Supply® products!
Corn Muffin Surprise (submitted by Alisha Smeltzer-Patton)
3 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
Eggs and milk as directed on the Jiffy mix box
1 package of turkey hot dogs
Preheat oven to temperature specified on the muffin mix box. Mix all ingredients according to the corn muffin mix directions. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray or butter and fill each tin halfway full with the batter. Cut each turkey hot dog in half and place on top of the batter in the tins. Pour enough corn muffin batter on top of the hot dog to just cover it. Do not fill the tins more than ¾ of the way. Bake as directed on the box.
Category: Lunch or Snack
Serving Size: One muffin
Total Fat: 10.5 g
Fiber: 1.0 g
Protein: 8.0 g
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Fun Flowerpots - bit.ly/2Hov5Y8 An Activity for Preschoolers: Celebrate spring while learning about plant… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Happy St. Patrick's Day! #stpatrick #preschool #toddlers #teacher https://t.co/dhQ8HsKKJL 2 days ago
- Rainbow Dough Activity by @tinyn3rds bit.ly/2HunozP "I’m loving our new Colorations® keep it clean art mat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Fizzy Cloud Sensory Dough by @thesharednanny For the Cloud Dough: 1c. Baking soda 1c. Flour 1/4c. Veg. Oil Few d… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Happy Pi Day!!!! #PiDay #toddlers #teachers #preschool https://t.co/ACtWEOlRzZ 5 days ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!