Here it is August and many teachers begin to consider what things they need to do prior to the beginning of school. Since most school systems begin during the month of August, teachers will reach the point of rushing to get ready for that first day. After teaching for 25+ years and supervising pre-service teachers for the last seven years, there are a few things I think should be considered when setting up a classroom for the school year. Although this list could be endless, I have narrowed it down to 10 things I think are essential.
Welcome to Earlychildhood News!Earlychildhood News is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, infants to age 8. You'll discover great ideas for your classroom and home!
Notable Quote"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard." Standing Bear
Find us on Facebook!
- Customer #Sensory Idea by @tinyn3rds F O A M • P A I N T We just can't get enough of all the feels generated by th… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- DIY SLIME - Colorations® Glittery Clear Glue Slime - No Borax - More activities go to: bit.ly/2gNEIr5… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Classroom Environment Inspiration! Art Supply and Natural Loose Parts Storage by @thelearningloftpreschool… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- #STEM Customer Activity @littleseedsandpeterpan Construction with Clay//Sensory experiences encourage more experi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- #STEAM Customer Tip by @figmentcreative Have you read the beautiful book #elmer by #davidmckee? #Teachers… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
Watch Our Videos!Click here to watch our YouTube videos!