- Encourage children to experiment with colors and faces as they create their crabs.
- Utilize crabs for activities such as crab race, crab walk or just decorate the classroom!
Before You Start:
Cut crab claws and legs out of foam pieces, pipe cleaners or construction paper. Provide paper plates, red pom poms and wiggly eyes. Use Colorations® Foam Paint in various colors.
Set of all 12 Colorations® Extra-Safe Plastic Glitter – 1 lb. Each
Colorations® Foam Paint, 8 oz. – Set of 7
Assorted Colors Pipe Cleaners – Pack of 100
9″ White Paper Plates – 100 Pieces
Black Wiggly Eyes – 1000 Pieces
Red Pom Poms
- Have children paint two paper plates with Colorations® Foam Paint.
- Encourage the children to make designs on their crabs.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Glue the paper plates together.
- Add pom poms and wiggly eyes.
- Add construction paper claws and legs.
With Colorations® Foam Paint and prepped materials, the project is done in one sitting and ready for a crab walk display!