Use this craft during any season or holiday by switching out the paper colors! Children will love using their handprints to creat this beautiful tree!
9×12″ Heavyweight Construction Paper
Best Value Safety Scissors
Colorations® Washable School Glue
Huge 9″ Alphabet Collage Letters
Fadeless® Paper Rolls, 48″W x 50’L
- Teaching appreciation for the things that are important to each child.
- To have the children learn about Thanksgiving and what it means to be thankful.
- Using fine motor skills to trace and cut
Before You Start:
- You will need enough pieces of construction paper for your class. To make an autumn tree, use fall colors, such as red, yellow, green and orange.
- Assist children in tracing their hands.
- Help them cut out the shape of their traced hands and have them write, “I am thankful for…” on the hand. Let them choose what they are thankful for.
- Help the children construct the trunk of the tree by using brown construction paper.
- Next, have each child tape or glue their “thankful hands” to the tree.
- You can also add pictures of the children if you would like!
BioColor® 16 oz – Set of 11
Bingo Bottles with Tips & Caps – Set of 12
World Colors Paper – 50 Sheets
Best Value Tape
Full Strip Stapler
1. Have each child create a self-portrait on paper using Bingo bottles filled with BioColor® paint.
2. Make a monoprint of each finished portrait by placing a clean sheet of paper on top and rubbing.
3. To create the 3-D effect cut out the oval face from your monoprint, then cut a 2” dart on the top and bottom, overlap dart and staple to secure.
4. Adhere 3-D face to original self-portrait with staple or tape.
“I was surprised that these were better than Crayola! My kid (and I) love them. Great colors and value. 🙂 Thanks Discount School Supply!” – Ry’s Dad, Santa Cruz
Read more reviews here!
Congratulations to Michael Engle from Texas! You have won a $50 Discount School Supply® Gift Certificate. Thank you for subscribing to NEWSlink!
“Who is Julie Ahern? She is somewhat of a cross between Buddha and a boxer. She is peaceful and contemplative but has the dogged determination of a prize fighter. Her sincere longing to put others on the path towards self-actualization is heartfelt. Julie Ahern is undefeated by the word ‘no’ and determined to leave no stone unturned when it comes to providing the best possible educational experience for her students!”
Julie is a 2nd Grade Teacher at Andrew Cooke Magnet in Waukegan. Thank you, Julie, for all that you do each and every day!
Make this beautiful flower bouquet to brighten anyone’s day!
Colorations® Single Color Pipe Cleaners – Pack of 100
Liquid Watercolor™ Texas Snowflakes
Colorations® Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
Super-Safe Droppers – Set of 12
- Cut several petal shapes from Texas Snowflake material, leaving a short stem at the base of each petal.
- Use eyedroppers to color petals with Colorations® Liquid Watercolor
- When dry, gather petals at the base and wrap with craft wire to hold together. Position petals based on type f flower you want to make.
- For roses, overlap petals, for daisies, do not overlap.
- Simpler flowers can be made using a small Texas Snowflake.
- Add pipe cleaner for stem.