Use this craft during any season or holiday by switching out the paper colors! Children will love using their handprints to creat this beautiful tree!
- Teaching appreciation for the things that are important to each child.
- To have the children learn about Thanksgiving and what it means to be thankful.
- Using fine motor skills to trace and cut
Before You Start:
- You will need enough pieces of construction paper for your class. To make an autumn tree, use fall colors, such as red, yellow, green and orange.
- Assist children in tracing their hands.
- Help them cut out the shape of their traced hands and have them write, “I am thankful for…” on the hand. Let them choose what they are thankful for.
- Help the children construct the trunk of the tree by using brown construction paper.
- Next, have each child tape or glue their “thankful hands” to the tree.
- You can also add pictures of the children if you would like!