Make this beautiful flower bouquet to brighten anyone’s day!
Colorations® Single Color Pipe Cleaners – Pack of 100
Liquid Watercolor™ Texas Snowflakes
Colorations® Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
Super-Safe Droppers – Set of 12
- Cut several petal shapes from Texas Snowflake material, leaving a short stem at the base of each petal.
- Use eyedroppers to color petals with Colorations® Liquid Watercolor
- When dry, gather petals at the base and wrap with craft wire to hold together. Position petals based on type f flower you want to make.
- For roses, overlap petals, for daisies, do not overlap.
- Simpler flowers can be made using a small Texas Snowflake.
- Add pipe cleaner for stem.
These Crayon Transfer Cards are perfect to keep on-hand for any occasion!
Sandpaper – coarse or medium grade
An iron (for adult use)
Colorations® Regular Crayons – Set of 16
White Card Stock – 100 Sheets
Colorations® Washable School Glue – 1.25 oz
Colorations® Extra-Safe Plastic Glitter – 3lbs.
- Cut sandpaper to fit over the front end of each card or let the children cut out basic shapes that will fit.
- Have the children draw with crayon on their pieces of sandpaper.
- Open each card, place the sandpaper over the front, and wrap both in a sheet of wax paper. Lay the wrapped card on several sheets of newspaper and press with a warm iron to transfer the design. Allow to cool, then remove the card and the sandpaper from the wax paper and help the children lift the sandpaper from their cards to discover their designs.
- Brush a light coat of glue over the front of the card. Sprinkle crystal glitter over the glue and allow the glue to dry.
Children love to create their own rainbows!
Nancy™ Paint Bottles Classic Tips, 2 oz. – Set of 12
BioColor® Paint, 16 oz. – Set of 11
BioColor® Paint Scraper
1.With a Nancy™ bottle, place five dime-sized dots of BioColor® close together in a row on lower left or lower right corner of paper.
2.Place edge of scraper below dots and drag the colors to form an arc shape.
3.Have the children use brushes, sponges or fingers to paint around the rainbow to create a complete picture.
Create a beautiful flower mural with BioColor® using blotter art, brushes and butcher paper.
BioColor® Paint, 16 oz. – Set of 11
18″ White 40 lb. Butcher Paper Roll
Colorations® Best Value Easel Paint Brush Assortment – Set of 24
1.Make lots of large flowers with BioColor® using balloon prints, blotter art and brushes
2.Wait for flowers to dry, then cut out.
3.Paint sky and landscape on butcher paper. Use large brushes, including textured foam rollers. Dry.
4.Adhere flowers to mural in 3-D fashion. Use masking tape to adhere flower center only. Fold out petals for dimension.
Check out more great craft ideas from Earlychildhood NEWS!
This month’s featured blog is full of arts and crafts to do in the classroom or at home! Check out these paper candy canes!
Little Hands, Big Imaginations is a great blog for teachers and parents alike! Click here to read more!
Autumn Apple Rounds (submitted by Calista White)
8 oz. Cheddar cheese in either slices or a big block
Fall cookie cutters in various shapes (leaf or pumpkin shapes work well)
Wash and core each apple, then slice into eight rounds. Cut cheese by using the cookie cutter to cut through the big block and then using a knife to cut the shape into thin pieces. If you are using slices, have the children use the cookie cutters to cut out their own cheese shapes. (Don’t throw away the edges – they can be used for a snack later). Assemble the apple and cheese slices on a tray and let children pick their cheese shape and apple slice for their snacks.
If desired, you can also spread the apple slices with your choice of nut butter and have the children decorate their slice with raisins or dried cranberries. Or, if you’d like to give them a real treat, have them use chocolate chips instead!
Fat: 9.3 g
Fiber: 5.4 g
These little ghosts are not the creepiest ghouls, but they’re sure to delight!
White BioColor® Paint – 16 oz (BIOWH)
Colorations® Glitter Glue – set of 6 (GGST)
Colored Regular Wiggly Eyes – 100 pieces (100C)
Colorations® 9×12″ Black Construction Paper (9CPBK)
Get the instructions here!